My photo
I'm an advid nerd. . .yes, a nerd! I love all things gaming; video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniature games, etc. you name it, and I'd probably enjoy it. I'm dedicating this blog to all my nerdy thoughts. I'll post about new games I get into, old games I'm getting back into, and anything else nerdy I have to say, lol. I'm a nerd, and proud of it! :)
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

update on my macbook pro dreams. . .

okay, more rambling on my little macbook pro fantasy/obsseion :p.

i just talked to my mom about the mac today.
it's kinda funny.
i'm always more worried about asking my mom's permission for things. . .as i'm always worried she'll flat out say no. so i always ask my dad first.
but it's quite the opposite.
take for example my camera. . .it took a little work getting my dad's permission, where as my mom was all for it pretty much as soon as i asked here about it.

so yeah, i talked to her. . .told her how the apple financing works (through a credit card), showed her what my monthly budget is and how i can make $100 payments on the notebook without hurting myself financialy, and explained to her why i want the pro over the non-pro macbook (mainly for the video card, brighter screen, and the little things like backlit keyboard, and multi touch trackpad).
i think she's okay with it. we talked about me making the monthly payments. . .and she's not too worried that i'll screw her on payments. i've worked pretty dang hard over the past few years keeping up on all my bills, and building up my trust with my parents.

she hasn't said a yes or a no yet. . .but rather that she's talk it over with my dad.
this is actually a great sign. if she wasn't sure about letting me do something like this, she would flat out say no, and not even consider it.
most of the time when she says 'me and your father will talk about it' that is a yes.

hehe i feel kinda quilty about this whole thing thoughm
it's like i'm manipulating them. i love my parents, and they help me out alot. am i taking advantage of them by talking them into letting me use thier credit?
i don't know. there was a very wise man i once knew that said to me once "taking advantage of things isn't always a bad thing".
i feel a computer will help me a considerable amount in my life (photography, and i'm planning on taking some college courses this spring). . .and it's not like i have any plans in anyway of screwwing my parents on this. . .so maybe me getting my parents help to get this computer wouldn't be that bad of a thing.

what do you guys think? do you feel i'm using my parents in a bad way?

anyhow, i'll let you know how everything goes on my quest for a macbook pro :p.

-posted with my lg voyager.
till next time,
thnx.

No comments: