My photo
I'm an advid nerd. . .yes, a nerd! I love all things gaming; video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniature games, etc. you name it, and I'd probably enjoy it. I'm dedicating this blog to all my nerdy thoughts. I'll post about new games I get into, old games I'm getting back into, and anything else nerdy I have to say, lol. I'm a nerd, and proud of it! :)
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 28, 2008

mac book pro. . .wouldn't it be nice?

so i've been trying to talk my parents into helping me get a macbook for about a month now.
i have horrid credit due to some stupid 'growing up' years. . .hehe. i moved down to denver, got a zales credit card, maxxed it out, and never payed it off.
i also racked up a huge cell phone bill, that i never payed off.
to say my credit is bad, is probably an understatement ;p.

but i've gotten alot better at paying bills in the last several years. between having my own apartment, a cell phone, and for quite qwhile high speed internet, and cable tv. . .i've always payed my bills on time in the last 3 years.
and now that i got my canon xsi dslr through credit (bill me later), and payed that off in time. . .i find myself a bit addicted to credit lol.
i love being able to get high end things that i crave. . .without having to come up with the full payment up front (which i don't make a tremendous amount each month, so it takes me forever to come up with $1000+).

so i need my dad's help getting a mac. he and my mom have tremendous credit. they've never had a hard time going into a store, or online and getting aproved with credit checks. they take alot of pride in making sure they always get there bills payed for on time.
and that's what i need from him. . .i need him to let me use his credit so i can make monthly payments on a mac computer.
i'm confident i'll make all my payments each month, if they'd let me use their credit. when i had cable and internet for the year i was on it, i was never late on payment. i've had my cell phone for over 2 years and have yet to miss a payment (i'm on a family plan with my dad. it costs about $100 a month, and i've always payed at least $75 of it each month, and sometimes i pay the full monthly amount).
and i've been in my appartments for nearly 3 years, again never missing a payment.
so i'm confident i'll pay my monthly payment.

anyhow, i was at apple's online store today with my dad showing them the different computers, and how much they cost.
there's my biggest hurdle with my dad. . .the price.
my dad wants to help me get a computer, as he knows i don't have alot to do at my appartment, and it gives me something to edit my photos with (i don't get to use my parent's computer often anymore, as their foster kids are always on it).
but he's stuck on how much more of a computer you can get for the price of macbooks (with more hard drive space, and ram mainly).
i've seen how much smoother macs run though. . .and i really won't even consider a windows pc right now (heh i'm obsessed with getting a mac. . .they're just so dam fast, amazing looking, sleek, and extremely powerfull).

i made a shopping cart with a refurbished macbook (white) 2.4ghz duel core 2, 2 gigs of ram, 160gb hard drive, with a refurbed wireless mighty mouse, a remote, and a case. . .$1206. it'd only be about $29 a month going through apple's credit system.
he was amazed at how cheap it's cost monthly. . .he then saw a picture of the macbook pro.
lol, he was completely blown away. . .i showed him more images of it, and he thought it was cool that they made the plastic case look like aluminum. . .he was even more impressed when i told him that it actually is aluminum.
he loved how sleek (thin) and light it was as well.
he thought it was awesome how the keys light up, and how it's got a multi touch touch pad.
it was love at first sight for my dad :).
now he wants me to get this one.
i can get a 15.4 inch mb pro. with a 2.4ghz dual core 2 processor, 2 gigs of ram (ddr3), 200gb hdd, and a dedicated nvidia graphics card, along with the mouse, remote, and case for around $1806 or $48 a month through apple's credit system.
this is the one he wants me to get. . .lol, my dad is awesome sometimes :).

it's pretty much my dream system. it'll play just about any game i'm interested in. . .it'd eat through photoshop cs3, and all my photo editing, it'd be a great computer to watxh videos and movies on (with the gorgeous led lit screen), and it's small and light enough for me to take everywhere.
all this for around $50 a month, and i'm sold.

my dad wants to waste some time this weekend, so we're thinking about going to utah to do a little shoppong. he wants me to take him to an apple store (and best buy) so he can play around with a mac book pro a little. . .and to make sure it's absolutly the computer i want (as i can get alot of different dam nice computers for $1800 or less).
but in my head i'm already convinced that i want a mac. i'd gladly take a macbook, but if i could get a macbook pro. . .well then, that's pretty much my dream system right there.

anyhow. . .that's all the rambling i have for you right now. i think i'm close to getting my parent's help getting a macbook, and i'll keep you posted on my progress (heh i'm such a bad person using my parents :p).

-posted with my lg voyager.
till next time,
thnx.

No comments: