My photo
I'm an advid nerd. . .yes, a nerd! I love all things gaming; video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniature games, etc. you name it, and I'd probably enjoy it. I'm dedicating this blog to all my nerdy thoughts. I'll post about new games I get into, old games I'm getting back into, and anything else nerdy I have to say, lol. I'm a nerd, and proud of it! :)
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 25, 2008

new chaotic cards. . .

okay well i'm really liking chaotic the card game.
it's expensive though. to really be able to compete online, you gotta have a pretty strong deck built.
of course, if you want to be really competitive in any trading card game, you gotta have the best cards. . .so i can't really complain too much.

i pulled a chaor from a starter deck i bought at k-mart. . .and after buying several more starter decks, some random booster packs, and a booster box of the first set dawn of perim, i'm pretty much stuck with a flame based deck.
i pulled a heptadd from another starter deck, but i didn't have any other good strong overworld creatures to go along with him.
so i built a underworld flame deck (deck list posted in my blog earlier).
it's been doing really bad in masters. it just didn't have the power level i need to compete.
so i'm looking to upgrade my deck. a new set just came out (m'arillion invasion) and it has several awesome cards that'd really pump my deck up. one of the cards is called bladez.
i just purchased 2 bladez on ebay for $2.99 each with free shipping. a heck of a deal if you ask me.
there's several other cards i plan on picking up for my deck from the new set, but they'll have to wait for now (cards i'm wanting right now are: 2x plasmarrow, and a primal smash).

then i decided to bid on a lord van bloot.
now he goes anywhere from $60-$120 on ebay. i'm not willing to spend more then $50 on a chaotic card right now.
but i decided to bid on a bloot just for the heck of it, with a max bet of $41. i knew it would go for alot more then this, but i was bored, and thought it'd be a dream come true if i won it for so cheap.
well i ended up winning him for $26 with free shipping, lmao. that's just amazing.

i sold my heptadd (second heptadd i've sold. i received both my heptadds in starter decks). it went for $45, so i used that money to pay my bloot off, and i bought another whepcrack, another song of fury, and 2 force strikes.

here's what my current deck looks like with all my new cards added in:


CREATURES:
123
45
6

1.) Bladez
---Viledriver

2.) Chaor
---Whepcrack

3.) Bladez
---Viledriver

4.) Lord Van Bloot
---Whepcrack

5.) Klasp
---Ring Of Na'Arin

6.) Magmon
---Ring Of Na'Arin


MUGIC:

2x Canon Of Casualty
2x Song Of Fury
2x Discord Of Disarming


ATTACKS:

2x Force Strike
2x Power Pulse
2x Torrent Of Flame
2x Ash Torrent
2x Inferno Gust
2x Emberswarm
1x Matagore
1x Steam Rage
2x Flashwarp
2x Incinerase
2x Evaporize


LOCATIONS:

2x Underworld Colosseum
1x Lava Pond
1x Stone Pillar
2x Fear Valley
2x Cordac Falls Plungepool
1x Storm Tunnel
1x Everrain



so this is actually a pretty major upgrade to my current deck. should be much, much stronger after i receive my new cards.
but it'll still be a bit weak, missing some power.
i plan on building this deck pretty dang strongly. it just may take me a bit of time to get all the cards i need for it.
here's my new deck i'd like to aim at having eventually:


CREATURES:
123
45
6

1.) Bladez
---Whepcrack

2.) Klasp
---Stone Mail

3.) Lord Van Bloot
---Viledriver

4.) Chaor
---Whepcrack

5.) Bladez
---Viledriver

6.) Ulmar
---Mugician's Lyre


MUGIC:

2x Canon Of Casualty
2x Song Of Fury
2x Discord Of Disarming


ATTACKS:

2x Plasmarrow
2x Force Strike
2x Flame Orb
2x Ash Torrent
2x Inferno Gust
1x Primal Smash
1x Ember Swarm
2x Flashwarp
2x Incinerase
2x Evaporize
2x Reckless Reproach


LOCATIONS:

2x Underworld City
2x Underworld Colosseum
2x Lava Pond
2x Castle Brodhran
2x Stone Pillar



i'm at least $100 away from this build. i'll work on it slowly, and hopefully i'll have a deck like this of my own eventually.
this deck looks rock solid on paper. it's very beatable of course, but at the same time, it's extremely powerful.
it's based pretty much completely on either flame attacks or power based attacks. all my creatures have high power stats.
klasp with stone mail? 120 energy = big thorn in your opponent's side. plus i can give him flame: 5, or even flame: 10 with my song of fury's. that makes for one very, very mean critter.
i HAVE to run plasmarrow in this deck. it prevents my opponent from healing his engaged creature (maxxor who?), but it has a build cost of 3. . .means i gotta run quite a few 0 build point attacks.
which is exactly why i love bladez.
his ability says that if an attack he plays would deal 0 damage it deals 15 instead. that's amazing, and makes running 2x evaporize and 2x reckless reproach much easier. plus he has a really high attack, and both the flame and air elements (plasmarrow deals 30 damage with him).
the rest of the deck is pretty self explanatory. . .attack, attack, attack.



-posted with my macbook.
till next time,
thnx.

No comments: