My photo
I'm an advid nerd. . .yes, a nerd! I love all things gaming; video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniature games, etc. you name it, and I'd probably enjoy it. I'm dedicating this blog to all my nerdy thoughts. I'll post about new games I get into, old games I'm getting back into, and anything else nerdy I have to say, lol. I'm a nerd, and proud of it! :)
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 11, 2008

i love my new mac :)

well, as i stated earlier, my macbook arrived in the mail today.

everything feels like a complete daze to me.
now i will admit that i am extremely tired (lol this dam mac wont let me goto sleep! ;p), so that may have a little to do with it.
it's just that it hasn't really impacted me yet.

I HAVE A MACBOOK! AND IT'S AMAZING!

it's been at least 2 years (probably 3, or possibly even more) since i've owned a computer that runs. i've been living off of my lg voyager cell phone for my main entertainment for the last half of a year. i love the cell phone, and it's hands down the coolest handheld gadget i've ever owned.
but i out grew it.
surfing the web is fun and all, but i needed more. i needed to be able to download files, i needed flash and java, and i needed to run programs.
my phone just couldn't do all of that for me (duh lol).
i also had my parent's computer. but i honestly haven't been on it much since they've received foster kids (my dad put the computer in one of the kid's rooms. . .it's a major pet peeve of mine when people watch me while i'm on a computer. . .the kids do alot of that.)

well now i have a macbook.
i'm getting wifi (my mac isn't picking up the mcdonald's signal that my mom's was :( ).
i've been on the net practically all day long.
i also put a bunch of my songs on this computer.
itunes is awesome.
i've used it a tiny bit before, but i really didn't like it for anything other then transferring songs on my sister's and friend's ipods.
but today i've been having all sorts of fun with it.
i love how easy itunes makes it to get internet radio. just click on the radio, and there's categories. . .there's some great stations too.
i've also been having alot of fun going through all the podcasts (especially video podcasts).
this is the first time i've actually had any podcasts, and it's been alot of fun. itunes made it extremely simple.

i installed starcraft.
i haven't played this game in years, but i remember it being the very first game i played on my first laptop i got (a sony viao. . .it really sucked). it's an amazingly fun game, and even though the graphics are waaay out of date, it's still an amazing experience.
i haven't actually played it yet, but i'll get to it once i'm done trying to figure out my mac.
i also installed a demo version of world of warcraft (with a 14 day trial). i was able to put alot of the settings on medium high - high, and still get a very, very playable frame rate (not sure of an exact number here, but it was very playable. . .very little laggyness).
i definitely plan on getting pretty heavy back into world of warcraft.
i spent many, many hours playing this game on private servers. but i had a level 20+ character that i had spent well over 70 hours on, and one of the servers crashed. . .i lost my beloved character. :( haven't played the game since.
now when i get back in, i'll be playing on blizzard's servers. i'm willing to pay the $15 monthly fee if i can feel confident i wont be losing my character again.
besides; the private servers i played on were never very populated.

i've been running off of my fully charged battery for at least 2 1/2 hours now. my screen is at max brightness. all i've done is played on the net, but it's still impressive.
it shows it still has another 1 1/2 hours before the battery dies.
4 hours on a charge? that's almost unbelievable.

not sure what else to say right now. i'm extremely tired, and need sleep lol (please let me sleep mac!!!).
i was pretty surprised at the weight of the macbook when i first picked it up out of the box. i thought it'd be lighter then it is.
but i'm actually happy about that. i don't like things that weigh next to nothing. . .i like a little heft to my products. makes them feel more substantial, and solid. i'm really happy with the weight, and oddly enough, the more i play on it today the lighter it seems to get. lol

i have alot to learn with macs and leopard. i'd like to know how to completely remove applications. doesn't leopard have a program preloaded to uninstall unwanted applications? (i haven't found it if it's there). i'm also not quite use to the keyboard yet.
i love this keyboard. it feels great to type on, and is very responsive.
but the keys are a bit small, and i'm finding it kinda hard to adjust to the keyboard with flashflashrevolution. (of course being as tired as i am doesn't help either).

but i'll get use to the computer, along with leopard. and i have a feeling i wont be going back to windows for quite some time.

but yeah, it still hasn't fully impacted me that i actually own a macbook.
not only is it amazing looking, but it's amazingly fast, and has some amazing software (including the operating system).
it all feels like a dream. i mean this can't really be my computer right?
but it's sitting right here with me in my lap. . .it's real!

I HAVE A MACBOOK!!!

lol i'm so excited.
i can't wait to get a good night's sleep (knock on wood) tonight, so hopefully i have more energy with my mac tomorrow.

-posted with my macbook.
till next time,
thnx.

No comments: