My photo
I'm an advid nerd. . .yes, a nerd! I love all things gaming; video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniature games, etc. you name it, and I'd probably enjoy it. I'm dedicating this blog to all my nerdy thoughts. I'll post about new games I get into, old games I'm getting back into, and anything else nerdy I have to say, lol. I'm a nerd, and proud of it! :)
Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 5, 2008

more happy news :)

okay, i knew i was getting a unprotected wifi connection at my apartment a couple of months ago, because i use to connect to it with my nintendo ds before it broke.
it wasn't the strongest of signals, but i knew it'd work for me.

i wanted to make sure i was still getting the wifi in my appartment, so i just took my mom's notebook (a dell vostro 1500) up to my appartment to see if it was catching any signals.

it catches 2 signals. the one i was using with my ds. . .and a mcdonald's signal. . .lol.
i live about 1/4 mile from a mcdonald's that offers free wifi.
how i get a signal from that far away, i have no idea (i didn't think wifi could reach that far).
but sure enough, there it is. . .not only that, but i was getting a full signal. :D
so awesome.
so as long as my local mcdonald's stays open, and decides to keep giving out free wifi (i can't imagine them not doing offering it), i've got myself free high speed internet.
so freaking awesome. i really couldn't be happier about that.
plus i'm almost positive that if my mom's cheap laptop can pick up the signal, my macbook will easily pick up the signal as well.

till next time,
thnx.

No comments: