My photo
I'm an advid nerd. . .yes, a nerd! I love all things gaming; video games, trading card games, role playing games, miniature games, etc. you name it, and I'd probably enjoy it. I'm dedicating this blog to all my nerdy thoughts. I'll post about new games I get into, old games I'm getting back into, and anything else nerdy I have to say, lol. I'm a nerd, and proud of it! :)
Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 5, 2008

MACBOOK ON IT'S WAY!!! WOOT!

okay. . .i didn't get aproved for a macbook pro.
i tried both apple's juniper card, and bill me later on getting a $2000 macbook pro.
just wasn't ment to be.
declined on both (i was suprised bill me later denied my dad. . .we just payed off an $1100 camera purchase we made through his bill me later account).
my parents were willing to goto thier bank and get an extension on a loan to get me my macbook pro.
but i talked them out of it. . .i just don't feel comfortable doing that to them (what happens if they need to get an extension on a loan themselves later on? i don't want to screw them up).
. . .
so that's okay.
i honestly think i was getting in a bit over my head. i was getting carried away, and getting waaaay ahead of myself with the macbook pro.
lets get real for a second.
i really don't make a alot monthly (heh you'd never be able to tell, what with my recent $1400 camera purchase, and now this), it be a pain in the ass paying a $2000 computer off.
it'd take me at least 2 years to fully pay off my macbook pro (at $100 monthly payments).
i do love the macbook pro. . .but honestly, who wouldn't? but yeah, it's just too much for me.
i'm okay that my dad didn't get aproved for the credit. i was being rash, and obsessive.

so i talked it over with my parents.
the macbook (the non pro) is an amazing computer too. in fact it's the notebook i wanted originaly.
i love the looks of it (i love clean white machines. i loved my nintendo ds before it broke, i love the looks of the ipod, and i just really like high end electronics in nice white. very clean looking).
i love the processor in the macbook (2.4GHz intel core 2 duo), and i especialy like how thing and light the thing is.
plus it's only around $1200 with taxes, and a carrying bag refurbished. . .much, much more within my means (i can pay this off in just over a year. . .which is alot better then 2+ years).
the only thing the macbook doesn't do for me. . .is play games (newer graphic intensive games).
but honestly, i've never been much of a pc gamer.
when i had a computer up and running, it'd run games. . .but i never played games on it (other then world of warcraft, magic online, and flashflashrevolution).
so the fact that the macbook doesn't play newer games, really isn't a huge deal to me.

so yeah, i decided to go with the macbook.
bill me later wasn't aproving my dad for $2000. i thought they would, but they wouldn't.
but i was almost positive they'd aprove a $1200 purchase.
the macbook is $1099 refurbised. i also go a small carrying case for the macbook for $30. the grand total was around $1186 with tax.
i didn't want to go over $1200, because i really wanted my dad's bill me later to get aproved.
and sure enough, it went through! :D :D :D :D

so within a week (hopefully it doesn't take longer) i'll be a mac owner. . .hehe i can't freaking wait.

i'm walking away today without my dream/fantasy computer. . .but i'm walking away with an amazingly fast, clean, light, small, and great looking computer. it's all the computer i need for now, and it'll do everything i'm looking for.
it's protable so i can take it with me wherever i may go.
it'll alow me to download all the things i like to download, and play my dvds.
it'll burn dvd's for me (great for backing up my photos).
it'll play world of warcraft, magic online, chaotic, and flashflashrevolution (the only games that really matter to me).
it'll allow me to surf the net (man i miss having a computer at my appartment to play on the net).
and soooo much more.

plus it's just so dam cute.

most people say the macbook is an old design, and is boring looking now (since it's been out for so long).
but i live in the middle of wyoming. the only time i've seen a macbook is through my aunt who owns one, but she lives out of state.
other then that i've never seen a mac in my town. . .so even though it may be an old design in most places. . .it'll still be very cool to own one in my town. ;p. . .sure blows away any other notebook as far as looks go i've seen around here.

so yeah, i'm stoked right now. actually it hasn't even hit me quite yet. I'M GETTING A MAC! lol so cool.
i can't wait to recieve this. i'll have much more to say about it soon.

till next time,
thnx.

No comments: